Monday, January 2, 2017

Playing it safe

This is my first journal spread of 2017.  Lots of feelings expressed about how I want to approach the new year.  I love to start my pages with random pages pulled out of old hymnals I collect.  And even though the page is chosen randomly there is always a word or phrase that speaks to me and I go from there.  Serendipity!



  
 These are pages in an old journal I found in a thrift store.  Along with hymnals I like the idea that someone long ago held these in their hands, turned the pages, took time to write the entries, which are in beautiful handwriting by the way.  Even though I cover most of it up I know it's there,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                As far as my 30 day painting I decided to play it safe and use a favorite color palate, Paynes gray,VanDyke brown, and Titan buff mixed with glazing liquid.  I probably overdid it a bit but this is going to change a lot over the next 28 days.  the whole purpose is to let go and not get too attached.  Really hard for me to do.  Not sure what I'm going to do today to it but for some reason neons are in my mind!

30 day painting




No comments:

Post a Comment