Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Journaling and Emerging

So as for my painting additions....
I was trying to keep it non subjective but I see a face emerging.  Do you?  I like doing faces, especially non representational ones, but I wanted this to be different.  But what I am learning with intuitive painting is what I want and what the painting wants can be two different things.  I still have a long way to go with this baby so I'll try to stay open and see what happens.  I am still a little tentative so think I need to let go and do something bold?  So hard!

Day 8 I did some mark making with housepaint.



Day 9 Did some glazing with Quinacridone Gold and Transparent Iron Oxide,  both Golden colors.

Day 10 Added heavy body Golden Light Turquoise with a palette knife.  Sprayed with water and rubbing alcohol and scraped back.  Made some nice texture.
Day 11 Spread some heavy body Golden Zinc White in some areas with a palette knife,
Day 12 Literally threw some Blick liquid acrylics onto the canvas and spread around with a palette knife.  Then made some charcoal marks and that's when the face started showing up.

Took some time to do a few journaling pages, actually using some of the techniques I did on the painting.  I feel a lot more free in my journal, maybe because I don't feel it's so precious.






I have no idea where I'm going to go next with the painting.  I'm wanting to add some collage but feel it's a little early in the process.  Stay tuned......

2 comments:

  1. whooo i love your art its so vibrant and great. love you ad birds. if you like you can check out my blog i make art with birds to. thanks for showing I will be back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm afraid I've neglected this blog due to some personal family issues but hope to start it up again soon.

      Delete