Monday, January 9, 2017

Getting Down To Business

I'm finally accepting the fact that the holidays are over,finished, done, and it's time to get down to business.  I don't even know what that means.  Life doesn't take a break for the holidays.  But I am wanting to get into more of a regular schedule, get back to eating healthy, give the house a good clean(?), and start a new online class.  More on that to come.

So as for day 6 and 7 of my painting.  Saturday was really busy so I had very little time to do anything big or too messy so I just made some crazy gestural lines with charcoal using my non-dominant hand.  I kind of felt like I needed a little line structure to work within.  I sealed those lines with matte medium so they might stay,  but they still can be covered up.


On day 7, again a busy but in a good way day, I went in with some titanium white near the lines to make some movement I could start working with.  Scratched some more lines in the white areas.  Did a little tool mark making with a foam mouth moistener from a previous hospital stay but didn't have time to do more.

So today my plan is to go in with some more tool mark making.  So as in ART, like Life, I'm craving a little structure and plan,  But in LIFE, as in ART,  things don't always go as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment