Friday, August 31, 2012

See you in September....

What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness. ~John Steinbeck









How can it be the last day of August?  Although Fall is one of my very favorite seasons I am not ready for summer to come to an end.  It went by way too fast.  I find myself saying that a lot lately.  But as Joni Mitchell sings "the seasons they go 'round and 'round-we're captured on the carousel of time".  I did get to spend quite a bit of time in the "treehouse studio", journaling, trying new things, making messes that never seem to get totally cleaned up.



Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.  ~Twyla Tharp


working on some more abstract pieces.

Started an altered book with a thrift store childrens book-embellishing the existing pages and making it my own.









Did a piece that I call my homage to Back to School-thinking about how schools no longer teach beautiful cursive handwriting,  how library time is limited to once in blue moon, feeling nostalgic for how things once were......








And even added some embellishment to this piece with my sewing machine while I had it out for my sewn tags.



What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit.  ~John Updike


As always my journals kept me company and provided
space for practice and play and just plain letting go.










Ledger turned Art Journal



Final page in my Canson Mixed Media Journal.
Hope you had a good August.       See you in September.     Enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment