Thursday, September 6, 2012

Same Place....Different viewpoint...

An artist must possess Nature. He must identify himself with her

rhythm, by efforts that will prepare the mastery which will later
enable him to express himself in his own language.
::: Henri Matisse :::
I try to walk daily just in my own neighborhood.  My neighborhood consists of one street.  So if I'm going to get any exercise benefits  I have to do the same route many times.  So to prevent it from getting too boring I try to focus on different things,  in different ways.  Yesterday's walk, I took my camera and focused on looking down.  It was just one of those "down" kind of days.


it is quite evident that the seasons are starting to change.













I'm looking forward to fall but trying to savor what is left of summer.


































Today on my walk my view was upward.........
The sun was shining thru the trees......


Trying to soak in the green before the leaves start to change color.  It will be interesting to see how the drought we have had will affect the colors.



And enjoying the expanse of blue skies while they last.......






And finally heading up to the treehouse studio....




The right page was actually done first, not sure why ...just the way I was feeling I guess.  I tried to do an image transfer that totally failed but I actually liked the results and decided to embrace imperfection and go with it.

embracing imperfection

looking upward
The left page definitely inspired by the blue skies and seeing things from a different point of view....looking up instead of down.  Sometimes that's all we need to do to see things in a different way.
double page journal spread







It is not the language of painters but the language of nature which one should listen to, the feeling for the things themselves,
for reality, is more important than the feeling for pictures.::: Vincent van Gogh :::

:

No comments:

Post a Comment