Monday, September 29, 2014

100 Days of Collage


I decided to participate in Stephanie Levy's group "100 Days of Collage".  Each day we are supposed to create a simple collage and share it on a private facebook group.  I like participating in these groups because there is great inspiration and I feel like it holds me accountable.  I have tried to keep up but went on a short trip with only my journal, a glue stick and a few papers so grabbed some travel brochures from the resort lobby and tried to piece together a few things just to keep creating or as my fellow vacationers said,"ripping and tearing".

Back home and in my studio I caught up by doing these.....I'm using a journal
I purchased at GoodWill which was intended to keep track of books.  But the
pages are nice and thick and hold up well to layers of paper.
Of course after all this my worktable was covered with scraps and I just wasn't ready to call it a day.

 I decided to do an exercise from Randel Plowman's book, Collage a Day Workshop.  He suggests using 5 pieces of 3x5 cardstock, grabbing some scraps, setting the timer for 5 minutes each and see what happens.  I had some 3x5 index cards already background painted.  I keep them nearby when I'm painting or journaling so I can throw leftover paint on them or scraps.  I also decided to use some duck and bird pictures as the focal point.  That's the only prep I did.







Here's what happened...........


 It was fun and much harder than I expected.  Of course that made more of a mess but it was a fun day in the Treehouse studio and that's what matters.  Looking forward to each day of collage and I have some new on-line classes coming up.  What are you up to?



No comments:

Post a Comment