Friday, January 13, 2012

Snow and journals


Here's the view from the treehouse studio today.  We finally got the snow everyone was waiting for.  So while it snowed all day yesterday I was able to find some studio time and finished making 2 different journals for the class I'm taking. The first one was made using Canson Mixed Media paper.  I made 5 signatures of 3 pages each and did a simple binding technique-in and out-with waxed linen thread.  The cover is a mixed media paper, fabric, paint ,stitching collage on a tyveck (sp?) envelope I did in another class I was taking.
I had some tails of thread when I was done binding and thought they needed....
So I added several to the spine.
This is my year for embracing imperfection so I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.
The next journal I made was done with 300lb cold pressed watercolor paper.  I made 4in x 4in pages form 9 x 12 sheets and chose to deckle the edges (tear) rather than cut.  All part of that imperfection thing.  The binding for this one was tricky-coptic-which I had never done before.  It was frustrating-many tries-but I persevered and turned this


into this











into this-my first coptic bound journal-beautifully imperfect

So bring it on snow.  I'm so ready for a long day in the studio and I am sooooo


 So climb up and join me.  See you soon.  Stay warm.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment